Whether you have a stainless steel Apple Watch band or a Leather Samsung Gear S3 band, all watch bands need to have at least some level of care if you wish to maximize the lifetime of your bands. You can follow these simple guidelines:
For stainless steel smartwatch bands:
- Avoid wearing them too often while working at office jobs (this prematurely scuffs the bottom of the band). Steel is naturally silver. All of our colored stainless steel is chemically coated to ensure a level of durability. However, colors will still fade and chip with normal wear and tear. This is normal for all stainless steel bands.
- The rate at which your watch band will fade will depend upon your daily wear. (Those who have more active lifestyle, or wear the band at their desk job everyday will naturally experience more fading)
- As with most stainless steel, it is recommended to avoid heavy extended contact with water, chlorine water and sea water due to its corrosive nature with metals. Rusting/corrosion can be accelerated when the surface of the watch band is scuffed. Although it is rare for our stainless steel bands to rust, it is still best practice to dry off your stainless steel watch band right away to maximize its lifetime.
For leather smartwatch bands:
- Avoid moisture and direct sunlight / high heat. For more information on leather watch band care, click here.
For all Apple Watch bands:
Your Apple Watch bands will include pre-installed Apple Watch adapters. Some will be spring loaded and others will be attached by screws.
- If your Apple Watch adapter is attached by screws, please ensure the screws are tightly secured before wearing. Periodical maintenance should be practiced every few weeks by checking on the screws to ensure they are still secure. Over time (depending on the users level of activity), the screws may become loose. Simply tighten the screws to maximize lifetime. More information on how to attach your Apple Watch adapters can be found here.
- If your Apple Watch adapter is spring loaded, there is normally no further maintenance. Just periodically inspect the adapters to ensure they are in full working condition.